Brookfield Township Cemetery Pricing and Regulations
Effective June 22,2018
By order of the Board of Trustees of Brookfield Township the following rates will be applicable for all Brookfield Township Cemeteries.
- $ 700.00 – Resident
- $ 1,400.00 – Non-Resident
- $ 50.00 – Grave Transfer Fee
Opening & Closing Charges:
- $ 700.00 – Monday – Friday (Internment)
- $ 900.00 – Saturday (Internment)
- $ 500.00 – Monday – Friday (Cremation)
- $ 700.00 – Saturday (Cremation)
- $ 300.00 – Monday – Friday (Infant not to exceed 36 inches)
- $ 500.00 – Saturday (Infant)
- $ 1,400.00 – Disinterment
- $ 2,000.00 – Reinternment
- $ 500.00 – Disinterment (Cremation)
- $ 500.00 – Reinternment (Cremation)
- $ 25.00 – Foundation layout fee (by appointment only)
Burial Notification Policy
Normal Business Hours Monday – Friday 7:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M. Contact Jaime Fredenburg, Cemetery Sexton 774 State Route 7 NE Brookfield, Ohio 44403 Road Dept. Office (330) 448-6941
- Burial arrangements shall be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the burial. Leaving a message on the answering machine Will Not be considered proper notification.
- All grave purchases and opening/closing costs will be paid prior to or at the time of burial. There will be no exception to this policy.
- A Burial Permit is required at the time of burial and a copy of the Death Certificate will be required within two weeks after burial.
- Interments or cremation burials are not permitted without proper notification of Cemetery Sexton.
- All interments and cremations in Brookfield Township Cemeteries must be in an approved liner.
- Only the following burial combinations will be permitted on each grave:
- one interment
- one interment and one cremation
- one interment and one infant burial
- two cremations
- two infant burials
NO FUNERALS AFTER 2:00 P.M. OR SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS.
ALL NEGOTIABLE CEMETERY LOTS AND GRAVES MUST REVERT BACK TO BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP.
INDIGENT BURIAL POLICY ON FILE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ORC 5101.521
CEMETERY & DECORATION POLICIES
- No Parking or driving on grass. All vehicles must stay on roadways.
- Sod and clippings are not permitted in trash barrels
- Spring cleanup is from April 15 thru April22. Fall cleanup is from October 15 thru October 22. Plastic flowers, wreaths and potted plants are only permitted from May 15 thru October 15. These arrangements will also be permitted one week before and one week after the following holidays: Christmas, Mother’s Day and Easter.
- Planting of trees, bushes and perennial flowers are not permitted on gravesites and will be removed without prior notification.
- Decorative stones, gravel, and lucky stones will not be permitted on gravesites. All decorations must be within 8 inches of the monument on the burial side of the monument, including eternal candles.
- The Brookfield Township Board of Trustees shall not be responsible for missing or damaged plants, vases urns, statues, lights, wreaths, etc.
- All monuments, statues, grave markers, etc. shall have prior written approval before placement.
- Monuments must be made of permanent material such as: Granite, Marble, Bronze or other approved material.
- All monuments shall have a minimum 30-inch concrete foundation using approved concrete. Upright monuments shall have a 4-inch border. Flush monuments shall be the same size as the monument. Monuments Shall Not be placed without a concrete foundation.
- Effective immediately benches will not be permitted on gravesites.
- Foundation companies or individuals installing foundations must be registered in writing with the Brookfield Township Cemetery Department.
Brookfield Township reserves the right to remove any items considered unsightly or in violation of stated rules. Prior notification of family is not required. For the general welfare of all, any infraction of the above stated rules may result in legal action being taken by the Board of Trustees.